Monday, August 13, 2012

Here We Go!


Here we go!

I have decided to keep a blog of my nursing school journeys at Tri-C.  The primary reason is so that when all is said and done, I can look back at all my experiences both positive and negative.  The second reason is so that future nursing students can read through the experiences to help ease their anxieties and maybe help them decide if this is the right move for them.  Because lets be honest, nursing school isnt for everyone.

Over the course of this blog, I also hope to include some other people's stories. Obviously each person's path to and through the Tri-C Nursing Program are not all the same and I more than anyone am interested in that journey.

My basic story: I am a Clevelander born and raised.  I have a Bachelors degree in Natural Sciences and have worked in all aspects of healthcare.  I worked throughout college at Southwest General as a lab assistant / phelbotomist where I developed a love for working with patients and working in the ER.  Ultimately it is my goal to end up there once again.  I worked as a Microbiologist for 6 years and had the opportunity to travel the world and experience how other labs and hospitals work. While I had discussed the idea of going back to school for nursing for about a year, it was a coworker who gave me the final push, as she was working towards becoming a nursing student as well. While completing my pre-reqs, I also decided to become an EMT-B through Tri-C's program (great experience! email me if you want to know more :)) This fall I will begin the ADN program at Tri-C at the Westshore Campus in the evenings.

I am extremely excited to begin this new journey and share it with whomever wants to read along and share in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment