Sunday, September 16, 2012

C is for Clinical, and other things...

Surprisingly Thursdays test scores were posted on Friday.  I peeked with one eye and finally saw my grade and was rather excited.  I got an 82, so at first, of course, I was like "WOO HOO!! A B!!!" Considering everything that when on that day, and it being my first test, I was pretty excited.  Then I remembered we had a different scoring scale, which brought be down to a C.  I was one sad panda.  Still not too bad, but Im definitely looking forward to doing better.  No rest for the weary this weekend though as we have our first 1300 exam tomorrow.  

This weekend was also our first weekend of clinicals.  Due to privacy issues, I cant tell you where Im doing them, but the staff there is pretty great.  There was definitely a lot of confusion though as there is not a lot of room ANYWHERE on the floor, and I dont think the staff quite knew we were going to be there or what was going on.  We all worked together to make everything run smoothly.  One of my classmates and I spent time with the PCA, who was also a nursing student at CSU.  He was great to work with an explained a lot to us.  He had a great rapport with all of his patients and I believe he is going to be a great nurse.  The RN we worked with seemed to be a fairly recent grad herself as she was young,  She took a lot of time explaining everything since she only had 4 patients and allowed us to ask questions.  I felt like I was involved, even though we were only allowed to observe.  We did get to make a bed which, although its super basic and not exciting on a normal day what-so-ever, it was nice to get to do SOMETHING.  Definitely looking forward to the time when we get to do a lot more.  I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment