Friday, September 14, 2012

Stress, Stress and More Stress!!!

Everyone is always stressed for the first exam.  The uncertainty of knowing what the test is going to be like is killer, and throwing a whole new style of test question on top of that is no joke either.  This alone is stressful enough.  In my world, however, the world said, you know what? This isnt enough.  Lets add more!

At work, our NY CLIA inspection that was supposed to be Wednesday ran over into Thursday.  We came out ok but it was still rather stressful.  Left work at my usual time, around 3pm.  I take the Rapid to work so I was looking forward to the next 40 minutes where I could do some last minute study and review.  Then the wheels fell off...

As I was waiting for the Rapid, I was alerted that all trains east of Tower City are down, a shuttle will take us to the healthline and we can take that to Tower City.  So I jump on the healthline and make my way downtown.  Once we got into sprinting distance I sprinted through public square, through Tower City and onto a Rapid. In the meantime my Dad called to see if I wanted him to come get me, but since it was 4:10 already I didnt think he would be able to make it from Strongsville in time and as I knew as long as I caught the next Rapid I was going to be ok.   The Rapid was due to leave at 4:16 and still gave me time to make it to Westshore in time for our test at 5pm but I was going to be cutting it very close.  Then the announcement was made that the train wasnt leaving until 4:30.  I thought I was officially screwed.  Not to be defeated, I bolted off the train up into public square where I caught a taxi out to campus.  20 minutes and $50 later I made it to campus just in time to make our test, with about 10 minutes to spare.

The test wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, but I still dont think I knocked it out of the park.  A lot of my classmates and I were in lab after class and everyone was discussing some of the more "iffy" questions, which all made us feel a lot worse about how we thought we did.  I guess we will all have to wait until Monday to find out officially. 

Last but certainly not least, thanks to Christina for giving me a ride to my car last night and to Elizabeth for checking in with me throughout the whole public transportation ordeal.  You ladies are awesome and I am so blessed to have you in my class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment