Tuesday, September 4, 2012

One and Done!

As of Thursday night I officially survived my first week of nursing school, sinus infection and all!Yay!

Last Tuesday I had my first lab class which was a lot of fun! Our lab instructors are very out going and make learning the lab material, no matter how boring, fun.  I think my favorite part of the lab was when our instructor said, "Ok, lets move on from all of the poop and pee stuff, its gross!" Made me feel a lot better that I am not the only one who has issues with this.  It was also nice to interact more with my classmates and learn more about them.  I couldnt believe how many people are doing this with multiple kids at home! That would definitely be a lot to handle! I have so much respect for them, especially those with younger kids. 

It was nice to have a nice long weekend after the start of the semester, especially after being sick all week.  Gave me time to catch up on sleep.  I also spent a lot of time reading and studying.  I felt bad because I could tell my boyfriend was really bored.  I tried to keep him entertained, too, but I wasnt very successful. Saturday we spent a lot of time watching football together but Sunday was a struggle.  I thought about going to Strongsville for a study group meet up I saw on the ADN message board, but it was at 6:30 - right at dinner time.  That and the guilt of leaving my boyfriend home alone over the holiday weekend when Im sure he would have rather been out doing something else kept me at home.  By Monday we were ready to break out of the house for a while. All in all it was kind of a blah weekend but I feel like I got quite a bit accomplished schoolwise.  Im looking forward to next weekend when my boyfriend is gone all day Saturday for the OSU game.  This way I dont feel so guilty about ignoring him since he wont be there :)

I am definitely looking forward to this week.  Tonight is lab, where we will be learning to take vitals.  Im pretty good in this area but I enjoy helping other students learn.  Its always fun to learn other people's tricks on how to do them efficiently.  Tomorrow there is a big meeting at Metro where we will be with all of the other evening classes but more importantly, we get to meet with our clinical groups! Even though it is going to make my weeks ALOT longer, I am definitely looking forward to actually being in a hospital and putting skills to work.  Thursday night is our big math test out, which I am not worried about at all.  The math for me is rather basic.  I did find it kind of odd though that my first thought yesterday morning was 3 teaspoons equal 1 tablespoon.  I really need to get out more....

No comments:

Post a Comment